You see I went online the other night and started chatting to a guy... "The Pom"
It all went swimmingly the first night we chatted on the Instant Messaging feature on the site and it was funny how much we have in common in an obscure way. Example number one - He says on his profile that he likes landscape photography. He asked me during our 'chat' about that - what I thought about him liking landscape photography. I said I totally agree. People are always complaining about my photo's from traveling that I am not in them. I admire the view and I don't need anyone's big fat mug in the way... I actually also piss the people off I am traveling with waiting to get the perfect shot with no other people in it.
So yes all going well - we all were joking and paying each other out (a far cry from Icon boy then) and we were both amazed how each other got the others joke - which is hard to do over text.
Which moves us to the end and when we exchanged email and mobile numbers. And then the text messaging begins....
Well okay just one - "is it bad that I am on the golf course?'
Maybe you think there is nothing wrong with that but it totally threw me.
I didn't understand why he would text me that in the middle of the day to tell me that... I just didn't see the point. I did know he was a golf player... it didn't tie into our 'chat' from the night before. I just didn't see the point and therefore didn't know what to say back...
Was he asking my permission - why did he ask if it was bad?
Buddy - I don't know what does your boss think? Its not up to me to judge your time....?
We have had one chat online we are not friends I don't get it.
And the pressure on what to reply.... it just all gets to much for me.
Early on in a relationship (can we even call it that?) the only thing text messaging is good for is after a date and you want to send a simple "thanks for last night - looking forward to next time". Something along those lines is all a text message is good for.
I am busy at work I don't need text messages during the day that I have to stress over.
And then that brings us to last night - At about 9 he sent me a text asking if my day got any better... which I didn't get as I had replied to his golf text saying it wasn't bad that he was on the golf course but I was just jealous he got to be outside while I was stuck in an office. Just because I was jealous he was outside (or that his day was better than mine) doesn't mean mine was bad....
So again I didn't know what to respond to that... and why send me it at 9pm on a Friday night - I was out with my new workmates (or could have been out with friends, anything..) The only thing acceptable to text on a Friday night is "hey I am out and about , are you? are you nearby want to meet up?"
Not a conversation starter. So I left it - really I am not going to start having a text messaging conversation with a boy in the corner of the bar... I hate that girl I will NEVER be that girl and it is something I tell my friends off for all the time.
So this morning I had to text and say I had a great day yesterday - to explain away him thinking I had a bad day. And then I had to explain why I didn't reply because I was out with workmates.
And I just come away from this thinking -Man this 'relationship" is hard work! And I haven't even meet him!
So over to you - am I strange? Am I reading into this too much? Do you feel the same way?
I am also wondering if I am reacting so baldy to this because of Icon Boy - I am having flash back to him. Who after 2 dates felt the need to check in with me every day. Who made me justify why I had only just got home at 8pm... Why I wasn't home from my weekend away at 7.30pm on a Sunday night....
Don't get me started on people texting other people when they're out with their mates! Drives me mad.. I mean the odd message is fine.. but I have some friends who constantly text other people. Which I consider extremely rude.. do you want to be here? Or is the person you're texting more fun? Still could worse - they could be on the phone to them!
ReplyDeleteText messages are a very throw-away communications.. so wouldn't agonise over it too much! On the positive side it was nice he was thinking of you while wandering around a golf course.. :)
I think you are just over thinking it. There's nothing to worry about.
ReplyDelete