So I went on a date with The Pom on Thursday night.
On my way there I was really anxious because after our text 'chat' on Friday and Saturday, he then went super quit and I had to 'contact' him and ask where we were going and basically push things along and all I got back were one word answers.
So driving to the date I had this horrible feeling I was going to be stood up.
I was about ten minutes early and I parked in front of a Kathmandu (outdoor) store. So I had a quick look around and then I received a text from him telling me he was waiting for me on a bench on front of the restaurant. So I headed that way.
And I must say I was pleasantly surprised. He looked like a really friendly guy and had nice eyes. He was taller than me (always a concern, men seem to lie about their height so much online - which would be less noticeable if their date was 5 or so inches shorter. Blaringly obvious when their date is only an inch shorter than their fake height which usually means they are shorter than me) . Off to a great start.
We started talking straight away and after a small amount of time the waitress came to see if we were ready to order. We hadn't even opened our menus! 10 minutes later she came back - we had opened our menus this time but hadn't looked at them. The third time she came back she waited for us to be ready to order. She found us amusing.
The food was lovely - I was very surprised to find that. And the waitress was up there with a 5 star restaurant trained waitress (I notice these things!) So good old Rouse Hill is not too bad.
We both only had a main course and decided to go for a wander around the shopping complex which was still very much open at 9pm at night (unheard of here in oz).
I had mentioned the Kathmandu store and how they had a huge pre Christmas sale and that I had seen a Thermal Fleece top at 60% off that I was thinking of buying. And so we went shopping on a first date! I tried on the top and we had a bit of a laugh about how to figure out whether something fit or not (he is a good shopper) but I didn't buy it. I felt a bit frivolous and very female when I was about to buy a $50 top after a guy had just brought me dinner.
Then we went to borders book store to get a coffee. We sat in the coffee shop section of the store and drunk our coffees and then he was telling me about a friend who he had a long time joke with over the childrens book The Hungry Caterpillar. So we went look for the book in the store. and then spent a good half hour laughing and joking in the childrens book department. A one point I found a book titled 'The Wuss'* and I said, "Hey here is a book written just for you" (he had told me a story about a paying someone to mow his lawn cause he was scared of snakes) and as you can expect he was not happy about that. And there was a minor amount of chasing around the childerens section. Which was quite cute and one of those moments that if it was a Hollywood movie would have ended in a kiss!
Shortly after that we realised it was getting late and so he walked me to my car. We had a small amount of time where we were saying good bye and then starting a new conversation as you do with a new person who your really get on with and then a small hug and a kiss (on the cheek) good bye.
About 2pm on Friday he sent me a text saying 'Thanks for last night - I really enjoyed myself'' and I wrote back 'Thanks me too. I went to Kathmandu at lunch today and brought that top' and he wrote back "I knew you would....'
I left it there and on Saturday around lunch time he sent me a text asking what I was up to on the weekend and I said I was just leaving the city after coffee with some friends and told him I had a family Christmas diner that night. He said he was thinking of going into to town and taking photographs of the city
This morning (Sunday) I sent a text and asked did he take any photographs and that he should email me his favorites. He said that he decided not to go last night and was thinking of going tonight and asked if I wanted to join him. So I said yes. So it will be interesting. We are both taking our cameras and tripods and doing a photography tour of the city. I am hoping I will be able to take him to one of my favorite spots in the city, Observatory Hill.
Nice and Romantic ;-)
* A Wuss - A weakling or a wimp
thats sweet. at least you are having fun. I hate sundays they are so long and boring and all I ever do is stay home
ReplyDelete