Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mid week baking

So I decided I wanted something sweet last Wednesday night, and had been given a chocolate pudding recipe but the bakers paradise (otherwise known as my sisters pantry) did not yield evaporated milk, neither did the corner store.
But I had wanted to make something and then I remembered a recipe I had seen on a blog that I wanted to try – Brownie Buttons.

Now the linked blog didn’t have mini muffins pans and I like her idea so I decide to make the cupcake sized ones as well.

And the blog that she linked to had the measurements in US imperial so here is my rough guess conversion recipe for cupcake buttons/cupcake.

2 tablespoons butter

85g chocolate, coarsely chopped

1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 large egg

1 / 4 C Plain flour

Pinch of salt

I melted the chocolate and butter in several 30sec bursts in the microwave. I then added the brown sugar which dissolved it (I added an optional flat teaspoon of instant coffee) & then allowed the mix to cool slightly. Mix in the egg and vanilla, then stir in the flour and salt.

I divided it into 4 cupcake patties, it probably would have been better than putting them into the patties. But oh well, I couldn’t be arsed to grease the pan. Bake in a 160 deg oven for 25 mins.

Oh and if you look at the original recipe I omitted the orange zest to.

Once they are cooked you can either make a ganache normally I do 300g Choc to 100mls cream. Heat the cream without boiling it and then let the choc just melt into the hot cream. Use to frost the brownies. I would have preferred this but I had used all the chocolate my sister had.

So I made choc icing with icing sugar (1 cup), cocco powder (1 tablespoon), butter (1 teaspoon), milk (a little bit??) these are all just total guesses – sorry.

Super sized vanilla anyone?

Patty cases anyone? Told you it was baking paradise

Out of the oven - the pans were prob a bit big.


Making the icing



yummmmm
Finished product

Tasted sooooo gooood

No comments:

Post a Comment